Jack Hoogendyk is running against Carl Levin for the United States Senate from Michigan. He is a "core principles" conservative from Kalamazoo. Currently, he is serving the 61st District in the State House of Representatives. As a father and grandfather, he knows the importance of family values in our society and will protect the rights of the unborn. As a businessman, he knows how intrusive government has been in the affairs of business to create job growth. As a patriot, he knows the value of our American Ideals and that they need to be protected from all enemies foreign and domestic.
I am a twenty-eight year old white male veteran of the War on Global Terrorism (Expenditionary and Service Medals). I have been to the Persian Gulf. I know the sacrifice required to defend America's freedom.
I am also one of those "evangelical" conservatives who believes that the rights of the innocent are inalienable, the first of which is LIFE. A society can be judged by its treatment of the most vulnerable. I must say that our current policy towards the unborn leaves a lot to be desired.
I am an individual with the ability to take responsibility for my own actions. I believe that government shouldn't take responsibility for my mistakes. I should. To say that government should be responsible to provide for my food, shelter, clothing, transportation, and health care, leaves me with little incentive to take responsibility for myself. At the risk of sounding clitche, with great power comes great responsibility. Freedom is power. Without freedom, our American experiment will fail. Excessive government control in my life limits my freedom and responsibility.
Jack Hoogendyk understands these fundamental principles to a better American society. For all of the reasons I have mentioned, I am not only supporting Jack Hoogendyk, but I am working for him full time as his Grassroots director. Yes, I am paid staff for Jack's campaign. Does that make anything that I said less true? Please let me know what you think. I look forward to reading your comments.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment